16 December 2009

the big adventure!

Wheeeeee! After talking about working abroad for the last three years or so, it's finally going to happen. And you'll get to read all about it! (If you happen to find that sort of thing interesting, anyway.) So here's the scoop: I love to travel, and have always wanted to do some locums (locum tenens=traveling work) work. Unfortunately I was not blessed with an ear for languages, nor do I possess the work ethic to study a language that I don't get to speak on a regular basis. Sad, I know. Therefore, the options were limited to English speaking countries. Both Josh and I were excited about the prospect of New Zealand, so here we are, about to leave!

The very nice thing is that the great company I'm working with does a bunch of the work for me/us. The salary is less, but apartment, car, etc are taken care of. I'm all for paying for convenience. We'll be in a town called Hawera on the north island. Come and visit!!

As of last week, the New Zealand medical council has deemed me appropriate to work! Yay! And our visas should be done soon! That means that we can buy our plane tickets soon. And it's only two weeks before we leave. Talk about leaving things to the last minute!

No comments:

Post a Comment