Josh woke up early today, found us breakfast and yummy cappucinos, and found a market--and brought home a bouquet of calla lilies! So pretty! The bakeries here are sublime. Lots of filled filo pastries, and lots of savory things for this meat eating minnesotan man i know. Yum.
Magda and I headed to the market while josh packed up (i can't resist a market...), amd picked up lovely strawberries, dried figs, beans and carrots!
Then we jumped in the car and made our way first south (had to get a picture of the dubrovnik old town harbor, ok?!?) and then north. We headed to mostar, which is in the hertzegovina region of bosnia and hertzegovina, with a waterfall and medjugorje stop. Magda tolerated the driving well!! And turns out B&H is beeeeauuutiful. Must come back and stay longer, i love Mostar!
1. Breakfast on the veranda
2. Dubrovnik old town harbor
3. Magda's first international driving
4. Funny motorcyclist at the border patrol
5. Kravice slap, aka waterfall . Suuuuper cool.
6. Mostar's famous old bridge. It was rebuilt (finished 2002, maybe?) since the city was so damaged with the fighting.
7. Street life
8. View of one of the mosques on the Neretva River
9. Damaged buildings from past fighting